Thursday, April 14, 2011

Good Reasons v. Bad Reasons

So, I have in mind several more posts. (I give you right to take away some of my creativity points. I do, in fact, plan out my posts before I even turn on the computer... [hangs head in shame])
But, in those posts, a lot of times I have to reference "good reasons" and "bad reasons".
Which vary from some other people's ideas of good v. bad reasons.
So, in order to make my life a lot simpler (and to save me from having to go through this entire, lengthy, abnormally unneeded, rambling explanation), I'm doing a separate post on the reasons I think are good, versus the reasons I think are... not.

Good Reasons to do something:
  • Your family requires you to do it.
  • It would improve your person.
  • It's essential for your happiness.
  • If you do not do whatever it is, you will lose one of your basic rights (food, water, love, shelter)
  • If you do not do it, it will cause more people to suffer than if you do.
  • It's something that your morals do not prevent you from doing, and you have previously said you would do said something.
  • It's enjoyable to you, and does not have negative effects.
  • It's essential to the betterment of the world around you.
Bad Reasons to do something:
  • You want to. (Without considering the effects it might have.)
  • It'll make you money you neither want nor need.
  • It's what everyone else is doing.
  • It is what is expected from you.
  • Revenge.
  • It's the easiest thing to do.
Those are my reasons... It's neither my fault nor your fault if you don't agree with them. I'm simply posting them so that if I talk about my "Reasons", you can reference this post, and I don't have to re-write everything. :)

No comments: