Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Mysteries of my Life...

Anyone who has been to my house has probably heard either my mother, or my siblings, or I, refer to it as "the house of mystery". The reason for this is clear. Stuff disappears. Our schoolbooks randomly materialize in piano bags. Stove burners turn on with no one touching them, lamps tip over then right themselves again. Heck, once my sister saw floating tomatoes!

But today's post isn't about the paranormal stuff that occurs in (insert my address here). No, today's post is about the far more common, but no less mysterious, things that happen in my life.
Let me elaborate.

Mystery 77%?!
Really? I'm just getting a 77% in Western Civ? After getting 10/10 class particpation in all but one class period? Really? That's it. A C? I mean, I understand that I don't always get my homework done... And I don't write enough essay questions... and I've nearly bombed a T/F quiz before (I think I got a 5 on one of them) and I haven't done really any extra credit.. And I've missed my online quiz before... And I go off on tangents... And I talk wayyyy too much about stuff that probably doesn't matter that much... But a C? Seriously?
Maybe that's a "busted" mystery, eh?

Mystery 45?!
If I didn't know better, I'd think that followers were randomly crawling out of my blog's woodwork! I guess it's a good thing I don't get stage fright- and that clearly it's clear that so many people find my random ramblings and pointless rants to be so entertaining!
Bonus points if you can identify the quote in that paragraph.

Mystery 30
I know that it's not new news that I'm slightly crazy and really ambitious. But 50,000 words in 30 days? With Thanksgiving going on? And schoolwork? And possibly studying/taking the Western Civilization I CLEP?! AND taking care of my siblings?! And... and everything?
I should just go sit under a table until December.

Mystery 7
Yes, yes, I know. I am a fabulous pianist. I play beautifully. I have mad sight reading skills. I can transpose like a pro. (Not really.) But level seven, with no review? I'm sorry. Have you tried skipping a level without reviewing the stuff you should have learned the level before? Yeah. That's what I thought- I'll get back to you. I have to figure out what "senza" and "con" mean, and then match "dolce" to it's meaning along with "presto" and "vivace".
I'm actually glad I skipped a level. And, just for the record: senza- without con- with. Dolce- sweet, gentle. Presto- very fast. Vivace- fast.

Mystery 3
I'm not sure you all want me DMing. I'm not sure what I'm doing, how to describe anything, what to describe in the first place, how to play the monsters well, or even how to not feel guilty when the ranger falls unconcious! But, yet, three- THREE- players are playing my adventure... And one of those even happens to know what he's doing!
This might change to "Mystery 4" if the other RSVPed D&Der shows up... tonight!

Mystery 540
If I didn't know better, I'd think I've had this blog for four years. If I didn't know better, I'd think that I'm a blogger geek just like I'm a music geek. You know, if I didn't know better, you'd actually think that I write a lot! Fortunately for myself, I do know better, I've only had my blog a year, I'm no sort of geek at all, and I don't write at all.
For anyone doubting my music geekiness: Who here has Kabelevsky as their favorite composer? Anyone? Anyone?

Mystery 11
For the amount of people who want me to get a Facebook account, I see very few book reviews going on, and very few people actually trying to convince me to join ol' FB. I'm starting to think that maybe I was right in the first place and I don't really need a way to reach friends that I email/text almost daily. Hmm?


Anyway, there's another little bit of my (mysterious) (random) (boring) life. Enjoy.

No comments: