Monday, October 10, 2011

The Further Adventures of Angela

This new thriller will leave you clinging to your mother.
You might even spill your Dr. Pepper.
Hold on to the edge of your seats
Because this is
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF ANGELA.

[dun dun dun]


Anyhoo, I've got a couple of random stuff to post about that I've been wanting to post about for a while, so I thought, hey, why not put all these random mini topics into one post and continue my trend of having monster posts filled with relative fluff?
And my second thought:
That's epic.

So, here goes.

First of all, as most of you know, I'm doing biology. Biology is cool, and I'm actually having fun with it. This is unusual, because I'm not a scientific sort of person. I'm the one going, "gravity... neat... I don't care..." and "bacteria... make me sick?"
Not to make me look like some sort of dunce or something (unless you've debated with me/seen me in Western Civ/heard my shpeal on Joan of Arc/seen my AP score, reserve judgement), but science isn't usually my thing.
Anyway, for Biology, I'm doing this thing here, and I'm on week three. Joy oh joy. I did the reading, and then since my mom said I could sometime, I looked up the Andromeda Strain on Netflix to see whether or not it's on play it now. (It is.)
And...
This is what I saw:


Okay. I'm not a movie rating expert. But even I know that when the Mickey Mouse Collection is rated G, it means that it's some kid friendly stuff.
Which makes you wonder, doesn't it?

The second thing that's been going on is my brother's baptism! (Huzzah for Philip!) It was yesterday, actually, and he didn't cry a bit. Excellent (which, according to Wordle, is the third largest word in my blog.)!
After the baptism, there was a party, naturally. It was a lot of fun, I got to see my cousins, I got to drink Dr. Pepper, eat brats... Otherwise have an amazing time.

And after the party, this is what I sat down to:


In case no one knows, let me outline the stuff on the table for you.
Starting on the left:
A pair of socks.
My phone and my ipod.
My Western Civ binder with my glasses and a pen, and two highlighters. (The highlighters are above the binder.)
A napkin.
My food.
My soda.
My glasses case.
And way up on the top right is my Wester Civ textbook. You can see the highlighting in it. That's before my green highlighter ran out of ink.

So, yeah. To a lot of people, that looks awful. But for me? Except for my phone (and no one was texting me anyway), there are zero distractions in that picture. (Music doesn't count.) I have caffiene, so it's easier for me to focus, I have my glasses, so that makes it even easier to focus, I have my well organized binder (MORE FOCUS!) and I have the textbook.
It was pretty awesome.


On a side note, I believe that I have another internet stalker on my blog! Let's hear it for people obsessed with me! (Black Death, anyone...?)
So, if you're the stalker, congratulations! You have sucessfully become the second internet stalker I have ever had.

Oh.
One funny picture, and a few reminders.


[laughing] I love this picture. :)

A few reminders:
make sure you read these blogs:

The Lonesome Crayon
Paradox 51
My sister's blog
And

Have fun! ;)

1 comment:

Mae said...

The Andromeda Strain is an awesome book.