Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Decorating the Tree and Somesuch

Yesterday we put up our tree. Today we finally got around to decorating it. Of course, it looks pretty much the same way it does every year, only with possibly more ornaments. I think we must have something like six boxes of ornaments, not including the lights, beads, and the star.
Our tree has bling.

Anyway, I wanted to say Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate Christmas, and happy holidays to those of you who don't. And "bah, humbug" to you party poopers who don't celebrate nothin' but instead hang out at your house all season ignoring the cards people send you.
:)
I don't actually have a picture to put in this post (the horror) but I found my Santa hat, so I'll be wearing that pretty much everywhere until... March? And I have my Christmas light earrings, so those are going to be worn an awful lot too.

Anyway, one thing I encourage everyone here to think about is how you're acting around Christmas. I don't want to sound all preachy, but I can tell you... It really doesn't mean anything when you give someone a present, or say happy holidays, if you don't actually care.
So, I encourage you to think about... How you're acting. How you're treating everyone. If you're being a kind person. If you're being a person your friends think they can talk to if they need to. If you're thinking about others. It really does feel good when you know someone who finally comes to you and talks to you about stuff because they know that you won't yell at them or anything- and that's speaking from personal experience.

Love everyone.
All the time.


Happy Holidays!

~Angela
(totally rockin' the santa hat, by the way.)

No comments: