Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Back!

And I'm exhausted!
I got back on Friday, at about 10:00 PM... I basically got my stuff out of the car, dumped it on my floor, collapsed into bed, and tried unsuccessfully to sleep in my junk-filled bed until 11 when I finally fell asleep. (When I say "junk filled" I mean... it had about an entire load of [clean] laundry, two pairs of scissors, about seven pieces of scrap fabric, three notebooks, two books, my ipod, a sleeping bag, and several pens on it.)

But either way, I'm back! I finally got sleep last night (even though I slept to nearly 9:00... Good grief!), so I'm feeling a bit better today. Still exhausted though. I swear my brain has been working four times slower than it did before camp... *sigh*. My penpal, Anna, sent me a letter while I was at camp, and I got it when I got home... I had to read it about six times before I even got the jist of what she was saying.
I think this might be a problem.
Why?
Because... Tomorrow I start school up again! Yay me!
So, just for my own help, I'm going to make a list here of what I need in order to start my school tomorrow. (Feel free to read it. It's just another example of how strange us Homeschoolers are. :P"

  • Graph paper.
  • A clean desk.
  • Kool-Aid.
  • My ipod.
  • To find my clipboard.
  • A pen.
  • The computer.
  • A lot of patience.
  • To get rid of my phone all day.
  • To hide "Shelf Life".
  • Whatever I need to do my experiment for geology.
  • Caffeine.
  • A good night's sleep.
  • An endless supply of food.
Which brings me to to the last one. An endless supply of food. You know how in comics (like Zits), the teenager is shown to be always eating? Always?
Well.
I've usually found this image incorrect, since I can often eat one thing of yogurt and granola and a cup of kool-aid, and be full. But. Recently...
For lunch yesterday I had:
  • Two plates of chicken caserole.
  • A serving of spaghetti and meatballs.
  • Three pieces of French Toast.
  • Two cups of kool-aid.
  • A peanut butter sandwich.
And that made me 80% full. It was saddening, since in an hour, I was hungry again. And it's been like that today, as well...
Except right now it's dinner time (well, technically it's about 7:00, so it's about an hour after dinner), and I'm still not hungry...
Then again, I had a ton of samples at Costco, and I ate about 7 cookies. And drank two cups of milk. And ate some peas. So I guess it's not that weird that I'm not terribly hungry..
I should still eat though. :P

On another side note, I'm going to be DMing on the 16th! Woot! It's a thing for Homeschool Teens (yay capitalization!) and it's being held at my friend's house. The event. Yeah. I'm a little nervous about this, since I've never run a "game" before. Sure, I've run a dinky dungeon crawl when I was teaching my friend SEP to play (which I didn't do that much)... But I've never had a bigger group than... well... two. ;)
Fun.
So, wish me luck on that... I'm really nervous, so... yeah. :P

Write more later (and I'll have pictures of my shoes, Sandy. :) )

~Ang

(oh! And breaking news! last week I finally let someone call me "Angie". It was amazing! Some girl at camp (Tatyanna) asked me if she could call me Angie, and I let her! *shocked*. Remind me never to do that again.
I hate that name.
hate it
hate it
hate it.
Sorry. :P )

3 comments:

rachel said...

Good to have you back! What did you do at camp? Was it fun?
I've got a new daily blog, click HERE to see it. Can you follow please, lol? :D

Bekah said...

Nice post, Angie.

=P

-excited about shoes-

Angela said...

Ha. Ha. Ha. Very nice, Sandy.