Saturday, June 25, 2011

Off to "Socialize"

One of the biggest arguments that people have against homeschooling is that we don't "socialize" enough. (Socialize is, I think, the proper word here. After all, dictionary.reference.com says that "socialization" means "
1.
a continuing process whereby an individual acquires a personal identity and learns the norms, values, behavior, and social  skills appropriate to his or her social  position.", which is definitely not what the anti-homeschoolers want. I mean, an individual identity?! Crazy talk!)
 
My mom can't especially argue that we "socialize" enough, since we don't do their expectations of socializing... Hanging out in a building all day with lots of people who are probably jerks. (My mom has defined High School as "all the jerks in the entire world crammed into one building".) So, instead of being subjected to this all fall/spring, my sibling sand I are instead subjected to one week a year where we get fairly typical "socialization".
Dun dun dun.
Girl Scout Camp!
 
So, tomorrow starts my week of possible fun, and probably a lot of irritating gossip. (I'm not being overly negative here... I am excited. Just not for the gossip. >.<) So, I'll not be posting anything for at least a week, possibly longer... Sorry...
On the bright side, when I get back, I'll be putting up pictures of my shoes. (Yay!)
 
TTFN.
~Angela 

2 comments:

M. Fish said...

Enjoy Yourself!
And her definaition of highschool is spot-on.

catriona said...

I go to highschool... and I completely agree with her definition :P