Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's still snowing!



Hello everyone! That song up there ^ is "She's a Rebel" by Green Day. It's one of my favorite songs at the moment. Just posting that there because I like posting songs. :)

As the title of this post says, it's still snowing here. It started last night, I think, and so far I think it has snowed about an inch. Maybe. It's hard to tell, because yesterday almost all of the snow melted away. :-\
Usually, snow would not bother me at all, at this time of the year. It's 12/12 (wow, just realized that), so snow is expected here, in Northern IL. But there are a couple of factors working against the snow here- at least in terms of how welcomed it is.
  1. My dad is having a small house built in the backyard, so he can work out there in peace and quiet.
  2. It is *windy*. Each time the wind blows (as it has been since the snow started), the snow blows off the roof, off the piles of snow in the front yard, off anywhere it can, and it blows somewhere else. It seems like the most popular "somewhere else" is on the driveway.
Snow I can handle. Wind I can handle. Snow AND wind, I can usually handle. Snow AND wind AND freezing temperatures? Not so much. I haven't been outside at all today, almost, and I'm dreading the moment that my dad and mom tell me that enough is enough, and that I have to go and shovel the driveway. (Valerie and Christina were out there this morning shoveling away.) Today I had to altar serve, and the door between the... oh drat, I forgot the word... the preparation room, and the place where the family mass is held, the door was locked. So Valerie and I had to go outside the buildings, and run along the sidewalk until we got to the door of the main church, where the "regular" masses are held. Let me tell you- it was cold and miserable.

That's basically all I have to say today. IF this seems like a lame post (Which it very well might... don't I get points for the video?), it's because I don't have a lot to post about, but I feel that I should probably update this blog occasionally. After all, I've had it for about three years, and it hasn't failed me since, I shouldn't fail it, either. :)

No comments: