Sunday, March 6, 2011

Epic. Win.



This, my friends, IS MY VERY FIRST EVER REAL PIANO.
I got her (yeah, it's a "her", not an "it"... if ships can be a "her", my piano can be a "her") yesterday, from my uncle Joel, and his family. :)
The story behind her is that she used to be my late aunt Sue's piano. Before that she belonged to Uncle Stan (I don't know how I'm related to him, exactly), and before that, she belonged to my Grandma J's sister (Irene). So this piano truly is an heirloom. It's old, it's out of tune, you can't use the bench because it might fall apart (that's our old piano bench [note the elephant print] by the piano), and it is the very best piano ever.
Christina and I have been playing on it (okay, mostly I have), almost constantly since we got it yesterday.

So, anyway, that's my big news of the week... I got a piano! A beautiful, old piano. :)

No comments: