Monday, June 20, 2011

Maybe I'm a bit Insane...

Or maybe that's a bit more than a bit. I'll let you decide.

But either way... Here's the deal. (The deal? That one. You know. The one with those words. At that time? With those people? Who may or may not have had hair. You know that one.) hem.

A while ago, I went to a rummage sale (dun dun dun), and got a huge bag of stuff for $5. Yeah. Cheap. Especially since I have mad packing skills and managed to fit so much crap in that one paper bag that the woman checking me out actually commented "I have no clue how you got all this into here" while she was frantically trying to duplicate my skills.
Which she obviously didn't have.*

But anyway, to make a long story short (TOO LATE!), in that bag of stuff, I managed to fit in a pair of boring, old, brown "Roxy" shoes. (Think like Converse Chucks, only... not. ;) ) They were okay, but the thing is is that the laces were falling apart, and I didn't have any that matched. (The shoes are brown. The only extra laces I have are grey. Grey + Brown = an unhappy Angela). Since I'm a crafter, it's actually easier for me to just re-paint the shoes, rather than go and buy new laces. However backwards that sounds.

So, yesterday, I took my gesso, and painted them all white. (And boy did the rubber start looking brown.). Then today, from the suggestion of my friend, I painted them green. Bright green. Bright sparkly green. In fact the bottle of paint says it's "shamrock green". Ha. Take that.
So, now I have some sparkly green shoes.

Then, I took my other fabric paint, and painted the TARDIS on one of the sides, a rainbow type thing on one of the lacing areas (you know what I mean?), and some zig zags down the inside of the shoe with the TARDIS. (which is not the one with the rainbow, just FYI.)

Now, it's not turning out as great as I had hoped, but I still have hope for the shoes. I'm pretty sure I can add some more stuff (Steampunk gears, a D20, etc.) and make them look cool..

BUT THERE'S NO WAY THEY'RE EVER GOING TO LOOK AS COOL AS ANY OF THESE! *wails*

hem.

So, back to the deal.
I'm going to finish these stupid shoes. And they're going to turn out good (you hear that, shoes? You're going to turn out well, OR ELSE! *shakes fist*). And then I just might head over to the Salvation Army/Goodwill, and see if I can find some more converse.
and.
they.
are.
going.
to.
be.
AWESOME!


*although, to be fair, there is no way on God's green earth that I'd ever have the skills to be a cashier. I was in a bake sale, once, for YEAGOS, and I couldn't even give this woman her change when she bought something like.. oh... five dollars and twenty five cents worth of food, with seven dollars. I fail.

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Please post a picture of the shoes when you're done?

Please?

Please?

Please?

-faints- PLEASE?!?

Angela said...

Of course! :) lol! I can't promise that they'll be amazing shoes... But I'll definitely put up pictures.