Monday, February 20, 2012

New iPod. Aka, the Dangers of "Somewhere Safe".

Have you ever put something "somewhere safe"?
Have you ever been able to find that thing again?
How long did it take you?
Yeah.

I put my iPod somewhere safe. Somewhere so safe that it's not even danger from me, because I can't find it either.
Go figure.
I'm pretty well convinced that it's somewhere in my room. Or in the house, at least. But I don't know. I've actually been looking for this "safe" place for a couple weeks, until I decided that it's too much work to look for an iPod which I'm probably never going to be able to find again (grrrrrrr), and I might as well get a new one.
Enter the joys of ebay.
I bought a new ipod!
For $56.20.
Gotta remember the .20. Because we can't go for whole numbers, oh no!
Psh.
But anyway, yeah. Ordered the new (used) iPod. It's purple. It's a 5th generation nano. I'm excited. Maybe it won't have dirt under the screen like my old iPod (Gah! Where is it?!?!?!?!?!?!) did.
Hm.

But, yes. Don't put things somewhere safe. Never. Never ever ever.
Chances are my ipod is like, stuck in my piano teacher's couch or something silly like that.
Someplace safe like that.
Don't put it somewhere safe.
Do. Not. Put. Things. Somewhere. Safe.
Never.

3 comments:

catriona said...

I know how you feel, but it's never happened to me with something like an ipod! :P The one thing that loves getting lost in a safe place for me is my pendrive. The thing is, it's actually on a string so it can hang on my cork board, but it's never there :L

Caroline said...

I know how you feel! That happens to me all the time and I just can't seem to get it out of my mind until I find it!!!!

Gabi said...

The exact same thing happened with my iPod! And my heirloom necklace. And a 20 dollar bill. Oh well, at least they're somewhere safe. :P